Are you noticing severe water infiltration passing through your windows? Or are you encountering poor structural problems, such as poor shape? Then it may be time to consider replacing your windows. Read through this guide to determine your best options on how to safely and efficiently replace your windows!
- Get the necessary parts for a complete replacement: This includes deciding which replacement kit you will need, a sash kit, an insert replacement, or a full frame unit.
- Measure: This is the most critical step as you will need to measure the dimension of the window frame to ensure you are purchasing the correct window size.
- Remove the sash and jamb liners: this can be done by using a screwdriver or by prying them off.
- Prep the frame and insulation: Once this is complete you will then shoot the foam insulation into the holes in the frame until they are filled and oozing out.
- Caulk the window frame and prepare to install.
- Install the window: Work from inside the room you’re installing the window in, set the bottom of the insert onto the sill, and then begin to top it towards the top. During this process, you will need to press the window tightly.
- Fasten the window and shim it until the window is centered and opens and closes smoothly.
- To finish prime, paint, or stain your new window and the frame.
When Should You Consult an Expert?
Installing brand new windows is no easy task, here at Merrimack Valley Glass & Mirror, we understand that getting new windows is costly and time-consuming. That is why our team of industry experts offers quick window replacement services that are tailored to your specific needs. When deciding what window services best fit your needs, our team will come out to your business or residence to replace or repair any window, drastically improving your residence. Our most common window replacements are insulated glass windows and single-pane wood windows. Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you with your window repair.
Contact Window Repair and Replacement in Merrimack Valley
Merrimack Valley Glass & Mirror is an expert team in window replacement services. If your windows need to be replaced or repaired, please feel free to reach out to us directly at 978- 463- 9990 or by filling out our online contact form. We provide quick delivery services and ensure that all the windows are installed perfectly. We look forward to hearing from you soon!